Nihat KASIM Nihat KASIM Author
Title: The simple past tense
Author: Nihat KASIM
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
USE We use the past simple for an action which started and finished in the past. The time is mentioned or can be easly un...





USE
We use the past simple for an action which started and finished in the past. The time is mentioned or can be easly understood.

I played football yesterday.

We also use the past simple for repeated actions or actions which happened one after the other in the past.

I had lunch after football and I went to the cinema.

STRUCTURE

Affirmative: (pro)noun + past simple form of the verb. (If the verb is regular we add -ed at the end of it. If the verb is irregular ve use simple past form of it.)

I watched a comedy and I came back to home at 6 o'clock.

Negative: (pro)noun + didn't + verb (no -ed or past form)

I didn't watch TV and I didn't do my homework.

Interrogative: Did + (pro)noun + verb (no -ed or past form)

Did you visit your grandparents?

Short answers:

Yes, I did. Or, No, I didn't.

Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top