Nihat KASIM Nihat KASIM Author
Title: The present continuous tense
Author: Nihat KASIM
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
ENGLISH GRAMMAR WITH COMICS THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE  TENSE USE: We use present progressive to say that things are (not) hap...
ENGLISH GRAMMAR WITH COMICS


THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE  TENSE

USE:

We use present progressive to say that things are (not) happening now or around now.


STRUCTURE:
Affirmative: 
(Pro)noun + to be (am, is, are) + Ving (Verb+ing) (We add -ing at theend of the verb in porgressive tenses)

I am waiting here for my friend.

Negative e:
We use "not" after "am, is, are" in present continuous tense. 

He is not (isn't) coming by bus.

Interrogative:
We use "am, is, are" at the begining of the sentence to make question.

Are you waiting for me?

Short answers are:

Yes, I am. Or, No, I am not.

Advertisement

Post a Comment

 
Top